What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Cheshire Gun Room 29 Buxton Road, Stockport SK2 6LS United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Important information about Data Protection
This Policy applies to personal data processed by CCTV at the premises of Cheshire Gun Room Limited
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) is in operation at our premises in Stockport and Bolton.
Where these systems are able to process Data which by itself, or with other Data available to us can be used to identify you, this is known as Personal Data.
This data protection policy sets out how we use that personal data.
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and take a stringent approach to data protection including its secure storage and taking the appropriate technical, physical and organisational steps to protect it. We regularly evaluate, whether it is necessary and proportionate to use CCTV systems at each of the sites for which we are responsible as Data Controllers. Each site that uses CCTV has had a privacy impact assessment conducted and annual audits are undertaken to ensure that correct legal procedures are followed.
We also conduct regular Legitimate Interest Assessments (LIA) and document them.
The types of personal data we collect and use
CCTV, the lawful basis for processing personal data by the use of CCTV is: For the legitimate interest of the Data Controller or that of other persons or organisations.
We will use the data obtained from CCTV images for the purposes set out below
For the purposes of,
• Good property management,
• Maintaining the security of the premises and the prevention and investigation of crime.
• To monitor goods and services.
• For health and safety.
• For Protecting the rights, goods and property and for the personal safety of the occupiers of the buildings, including the staff and visitors to the buildings.
• When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests
• Based on your consent. When you request us to disclose your personal data to other people or organisations or otherwise agreed disclosures:
• For the security and wellbeing of equipment and vehicles
• Staff monitoring
CCTV recorded images
Recorded images will be kept for a limited period only usually a maximum of 28 days and are then erased.
The exception being where images are required for evidential purposes or another legally valid reason including responses to your legal rights (subject rights).
The Data will be collected directly during any visits you make to the site in question.
We will process your personal data:
As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g.:
• When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests:
• For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures:
• For establishment and defence of legal rights:
• For activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime:
• To verify your identity.
• For the security of the premises
• For Health and Safety
• For Good property management
• Staff monitoring
Sharing of my personal data obtained by CCTV
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
• Companies and other persons providing services to us:
• Courts and Law enforcement agencies to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice:
• In an emergency or to otherwise protect our vital interests:
• To protect the security or integrity of our business operations
• For Health and Safety
Automated decision making and processing
• Your data will not be used in order to make any automated decisions which may or could significantly affect you
Your rights under applicable data protection law
Your rights are as follows:
• The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data:
• The right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed.
• The right to object to processing of your personal data:
• The right to have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
• The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it (Subject Access requests)
• The right to move, copy, or transfer your personal data (data portability) and
• Rights in relation to automated decision-making including profiling
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law:
The contact details are as follows: